Receive Remote Assistance Support from QueryTel
Remote Assistance Support from QueryTel allows a QueryTel support professional in another location to view your computer screen and work on your computer over a secure connection.
Agreement for QueryTel Services
This Agreement for QueryTel Services ('the agreement')is entered into by and between the entity ordering the services ('you', 'your' or 'customer') and the closest QueryTel affiliate located in your country or region, unless we designate otherwise in Section 9 below('we', 'us' or 'our'). 'Affiliate' means any legal entity that you or we own, which owns you or us, or which is under common ownership with you or us. 'Ownership' means more than 50% ownership.
Terms and Conditions
- 1. SERVICES.
- 2. OWNERSHIP AND LICENSE.
- a. Fixes. We grant you a non-exclusive, perpetual, fully paid up license to use and reproduce the fix we or our designee deliver to you for your internal use only. Fixes are not for resale or distribution to unaffiliated third parties. Except as otherwise provided herein, the license rights granted to fixes are governed by the license agreement for the affected product or, if the fix is not provided for a specific product, any other use terms we provide. Your use of the product is governed by the license agreement for the product. You are responsible for paying any product licensing fees. 'Product(s)' means any computer code, web-based services or materials comprising commercially released, pre-release or beta products (whether licensed for a fee or no charge) and any derivatives of the foregoing we or our designee make available to you for license which is published by us, our affiliates or a third-party. 'Fixes' means product fixes that we either release generally (such as commercial product service packs) or that we or our designee provide to you when performing services (such as workarounds, patches, hot-fixes, updates, bug fixes, beta fixes and beta builds) and any derivatives of the foregoing. You may not modify, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, change the file name of or combine with any non-querytel computer code any fixes delivered to you.
- b. Pre-Existing Work. All rights in any computer code or non-code based written materials 'materials') developed or otherwise obtained by or for us or our affiliates, or you or your affiliates independent of this agreement ('pre-existing work') shall remain the sole property of the party providing the pre-existing work. During the performance of the services, each party grants to the other party (and our contractors as necessary) a temporary, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce and modify any of its pre-existing work provided solely for the performance of services. We grant you a non exclusive, perpetual, fully paid up license to use, reproduce and modify (if applicable) our pre-existing work, excluding products, in the form delivered to you that we leave with you at the conclusion of our performance of services for use with any developments (if applicable). The license rights granted to our pre-existing work are limited to your internal use only and are not for resale or distribution to unaffiliated third-parties.
- c. Developments. We grant you a non-exclusive, perpetual right to use, reproduce and modify any computer code or materials (except for fixes or pre-existing work) that we leave with you at the conclusion of our performance of the services ('developments') for your internal use only. Developments are not for resale or distribution to unaffiliated third parties.
- d. Sample Code. In addition to the rights set out in the Developments section above, you are also granted a non-exclusive, perpetual right to reproduce and distribute the object code form of any computer code, provided by us for the purpose of illustration ('sample code') provided that you agree:
- (i) not to use our name, logo, or trademarks to market your computer product in which the sample code is embedded;
- (ii) to include a valid copyright notice on your computer product in which the sample code is embedded; and
- (iii) to indemnify, hold harmless, and defend us and our suppliers from and against any claims or lawsuits, including attorneys' fees, that arise or result from the use or distribution of the sample code.
- e. Open Source License Restrictions. Because certain third party license terms require that computer code be generally
- (i) disclosed in source code form to third parties;
- (ii) licensed to third parties for the purpose of making derivative works; or
- (iii) redistributable to third parties at no charge (collectively, 'open source license terms'), the license rights that each party has granted to any computer code (or any intellectual property associated therewith) do no include any license, right, power or authority to incorporate, modify, combine and/or distribute that computer code with any other computer code in a manner which would subject the other's computer code to open source license terms. Furthermore, each party warrants that it will not provide or give to the other party computer code that is governed by open source license terms.
- f. Affiliates Rights. You may sublicense the rights contained in this section to your affiliates, but your affiliates may not sub-license these rights and your affiliates’ use must be consistent with these license terms contained herein.
- g. Reservation of rights. All rights not expressly granted in this section are reserved.
- 3. CONFIDENTIALITY.
The terms and conditions of this agreement are confidential, and any and all information identified by either party as 'confidential' and/or 'proprietary', or which, under all of the circumstances, ought reasonably to be treated as confidential and/or proprietary ('confidential information'), will not be disclosed by the receiving party to any third person without the express consent of the other party except under the terms of this agreement for five (5) years following the date of its disclosure. These confidentiality obligations shall not apply to any information which,
- (i) became known to receiving party from a source other than disclosing party other than by the breach of an obligation of confidentiality owed to disclosing party,
- (ii) is, or becomes, available to the general public other than through a breach by the receiving party, or
- (iii) is developed through the independent efforts of the receiving party. We may use any technical information we derive from providing services related to our products for problem resolution, troubleshooting, product functionality enhancements and fixes, and for our knowledge base. We agree not to identify you or disclose any of your confidential information in any item in the knowledge base.
- 4. WARRANTIES, DISCLAIMER.
- a. NO WARRANTY. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, WE DISCLAIM AND EXCLUDE ALL REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, AND CONDITIONS WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, OR CONDITIONS OF TITLE, NON INFRINGEMENT, SATISFACTORY CONDITION OR QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WITH RESPECT TO ANY SERVICES, OR OTHER MATERIALS OR INFORMATION PROVIDED BY US.
- b. Application of local laws. If applicable law gives you any implied terms, despite the exclusions and limitations in this agreement, then to the extent permitted by applicable law, your remedies are limited as determined by us, in the case of services to either
- (i) re-supply of the services or
- (ii) the cost of the re-supply of the services (if any), and in the case of goods to either
- (i) replacement of the goods or
- (ii) correction of defects in the goods.
- 5. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY, EXCLUSIONS.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW:
- 1) OUR TOTAL LIABILITY IS LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT YOU HAVE PAID FOR THE SERVICES REGARDLESS OF THE REASON FOR YOUR CLAIM;
- 2) NEITHER PARTY WILL BE LIABLE TO THE OTHER PARTY FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES LOSS OF PROFITS OR LOSS OF BUSINESS, FOR ANY MATTER RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT, ANY SERVICES, OR ANY OTHER MATERIALS OR INFORMATION WE PROVIDE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR IF SUCH POSSIBILITY WAS REASONABLY FORESEEABLE, AND
- 3) IN THE EVENT SERVICES OR ANY SERVICES ARE PROVIDED TO YOU FREE OF CHARGE, OUR TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU WILL NOT EXCEED CAD$5.00 OR ITS EQUIVALENT IN LOCAL CURRENCY.THIS EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY DOES NOT APPLY TO EITHER PARTY'S LIABILITY TO THE OTHER FOR VIOLATION OF ITS CONFIDENTIALITY OBLIGATION, THE OTHER PARTY'S INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS, OR IN THE EVENT OF FRAUD, GROSS NEGLIGENCE OR INTENTIONAL MISCONDUCT OR FOR DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY CAUSED BY THAT PARTY'S NEGLIGENCE. BECAUSE SOME STATES AND JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY.
- 6. TAXES.
The amounts to be paid to us under this agreement do not include any foreign, U.S. federal, state, provincial, local, municipal or other governmental taxes (including without limitation any applicable value added, or sales or use taxes) that are owed by you solely as a result of entering into this agreement. We are not liable for any taxes that you are legally obligated to pay. All such taxes (including but not limited to net income or gross receipts taxes, franchise taxes, and/or property taxes) shall be your financial responsibility.
- 7. TERMINATION.
Either party may terminate this agreement if the other party is
- (i) in material breach or default of any obligation that is not cured within 30 calendar days notice of such breach or
- (ii) fails to pay any invoice that is more than 60 calendar days outstanding.
- 8. MISCELLANEOUS.
This agreement constitutes the parties' entire agreement concerning the subject matter hereof, and supersedes any other prior and contemporaneous communications. All notices, authorizations, and requests given or made in connection with this agreement must be sent by post, express courier, or facsimile to the addresses indicated by both parties. Notices will be deemed delivered on the date shown on the postal return receipt or on the courier, or facsimile confirmation of delivery. You may not assign this agreement without our written consent, which consent will not be unreasonably withheld. You and we agree to comply with all international and national laws that apply to this agreement. This agreement is governed by the laws of the State of Washington if the services were purchased in the United States, the laws of Ireland if purchased in any country or region in Europe, Middle East or Africa ('EMEA'), or the laws of the jurisdiction where the affiliate delivering the services is located if purchased outside the United States or EMEA. Any action brought under this agreement shall be brought in federal or state court in the State of Washington if the services were purchased in the United States, the courts of Ireland if the services were purchased in any country or region in EMEA, or the courts of the jurisdiction where the affiliate delivering the services is located if purchased outside the United States or EMEA. Notwithstanding, this does not prevent either party from seeking injunctive relief with respect to a violation of intellectual property rights or confidentiality obligations in any appropriate jurisdiction. The sections regarding restrictions on use, fees, confidentiality, ownership and license, no other warranties, limitations of liability, termination, and miscellaneous of this agreement, will survive any termination or expiration of this agreement. If a court holds any provision of this agreement to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable, the remaining provisions will remain in full force and effect and the parties will amend the agreement to give effect to the stricken clause to the maximum extent possible. No waiver of any breach of this agreement will be a waiver of any other breach, and no waiver will be effective unless made in writing and signed by an authorized representative of the waiving party. Apart from the payment of any amounts due, neither party shall be liable for performance delays or for non performance due to causes beyond its reasonable control. It is the express wish of the parties that this agreement be drawn up in English.
- 9. QUERYTEL CONTRACTING ENTITY.
The QueryTel contracting entity for this agreement is QueryTel Inc. Canada if you are located in the following countries/regions: Australia, Bangladesh, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Korea, Malaysia, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, Sri-Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, and Vietnam. The QueryTel contracting entity for this agreement is QueryTel Inc. Canada, Limited if you are located in any country in Europe, Middle East or Africa. Last updated: January 2019
We agree to use commercially reasonable efforts to provide the services you purchase as described on the services Web site (otherwise known as the 'customer services guide'). The Web site URL for the customer services guide is: http://support.querytel.com. If the URL changes for any reason, we will provide the new URL to you upon your request. Our ability to deliver the services depends upon your full and timely cooperation, as well as the accuracy and completeness of any information you provide.
QueryTel SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS
These license terms are an agreement between QueryTel Corporation (or based on where you live, one of its affiliates) and you. Please read them. They apply to the software named above, which includes the media on which you received it, if any. The terms also apply to any QueryTel
- Internet-based services, and
- support services
for this software, unless other terms accompany those items. If so, those terms apply.
By using the software, you accept these terms. If you do not accept them, do not use the software. As described below, using some features also operates as your consent to the transmission of certain standard computer information for Internet-based services.
If you comply with these license terms, you have the rights below.
- 1. INSTALLATION AND USE RIGHTS. You may install and use one copy of the software on your device.
- 2. SCOPE OF LICENSE. The software is licensed, not sold. This agreement only gives you some rights to use the software. QueryTel reserves all other rights. Unless applicable law gives you more rights despite this limitation, you may use the software only as expressly permitted in this agreement. In doing so, you must comply with any technical limitations in the software that only allow you to use it in certain ways. You may not
- disclose the results of any benchmark tests of the software to any third party without QueryTel's prior written approval;
- work around any technical limitations in the software;
- reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble the software, except and only to the extent that applicable law expressly permits, despite this limitation;
- publish the software for others to copy;
- rent, lease or lend the software;
- transfer the software or this agreement to any third party; or
- use the software for commercial software hosting services.
- 3. BACKUP COPY. You may make one backup copy of the software. You may use it only to reinstall the software.
- 4. DOCUMENTATION. Any person that has valid access to your computer or internal network may copy and use the documentation for your internal, reference purposes.
- 5. EXPORT RESTRICTIONS. The software is subject to United States export laws and regulations. You must comply with all domestic and international export laws and regulations that apply to the software. These laws include restrictions on destinations, end users and end use. For additional information, see www.querytel.com/terms-and-conditions-1
- 6. SUPPORT SERVICES. Because this software is "as is," we may not provide support services for it.
- 7. ENTIRE AGREEMENT. This agreement, and the terms for supplements, updates, Internet-based services and support services that you use, are the entire agreement for the software and support services.
- 8. APPLICABLE LAW.
- a. United States. If you acquired the software in the United States, Washington state law governs the interpretation of this agreement and applies to claims for breach of it, regardless of conflict of laws principles. The laws of the state where you live govern all other claims, including claims under state consumer protection laws, unfair competition laws, and in tort.
- b. Outside the United States. If you acquired the software in any other country, the laws of that country apply.
- 9. LEGAL EFFECT. This agreement describes certain legal rights. You may have other rights under the laws of your country. You may also have rights with respect to the party from whom you acquired the software. This agreement does not change your rights under the laws of your country if the laws of your country do not permit it to do so.
- 10. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY. The software is licensed "as-is." You bear the risk of using it. QueryTel gives no express warranties, guarantees or conditions. You may have additional consumer rights under your local laws which this agreement cannot change. To the extent permitted under your local laws, QueryTel excludes the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
- 11. LIMITATION ON AND EXCLUSION OF REMEDIES AND DAMAGES. You can recover from QueryTel and its suppliers only direct damages up to CAD $5.00. You cannot recover any other damages, including consequential, lost profits, special, indirect or incidental damages.
This limitation applies to
- anything related to the software, services, content (including code) on third party Internet sites, or third party programs; and
- claims for breach of contract, breach of warranty, guarantee or condition, strict liability, negligence, or other tort to the extent permitted by applicable law.
LogMeIn (LMI) Rescue is a 3rd party remote assistance product that is currently used to provide remote support to QueryTel customers. QueryTel support uses the Enterprise version of LogMeIn Rescue as the primary Remote Desktop Assistance tool to troubleshoot and resolve customer issues.
With LogMeIn Rescue, QueryTel support engineers can view or share control of the remote computer, chat, and highlight sections of the customer's screen without the need to pre-install software.
LogMeIn Rescue differs from other remote access products from LogMeIn and other companies in that it is a reactive, permission-based support tool. No permanent software is installed on customer's PC/device in order to deliver support that requires remote access, and QueryTel support engineers can only remotely access a QueryTel customer's PC with that customer's explicit permission - permission that must be granted each and every time a customer requests support. Support from QueryTel will be initiated from this site only.
This product information should not be considered an endorsement or support by QueryTel. QueryTel may discontinue use of this tool without prior notice.